How to apply
Applying for the Catering Mark is straightforward. It should only take 8-12 weeks from the date of your application until you receive your award. If you're working to a specific deadline, let us know and we'll try to help you meet it.
- Have a look at the Catering Mark Manual to see if your menus are bronze, silver or gold.
- Complete the application form - include an example menu and take a look at our fee sheets to check which applies to you. Gathering as much supporting information as possible before you apply can help you receive your Catering Mark more quickly.
- Application pack [zip, 481 KB]
- Email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We’ll contact you to arrange an inspection of your kitchen. If you have more than one kitchen, we'll choose a representative selection to inspect.
- To help you prepare, we’ll send you a list of what our inspector will be looking for. This includes all the certificates we'll need to confirm that your ingredients meet the Catering Mark Manual.
- After the inspection, you’ll receive a report and action summary outlining any standards you may need to work on. These will need to be completed before we can give you your award.
- When we've received all the information we need, you'll receive a certificate and access to the Catering Mark online marketing resources so you can let your customers and industry know about your achievement.
Please contact us if you have any questions about applying for the Catering Mark.