New training: helping schools get the best out of their meal service
23 October 2013
The Soil Association and School Food Matters are offering new training for consultants, local authority officers, bursars and governors, in partnership with the Food for Life Catering Mark and the Food for Life Partnership.
Tuesday 26 November 2013 from 10.30-3.30pm
Lumen, 88 Tavistock Place, London WC1H 9RS
"Make it a contractual requirement for your caterer to achieve a certain standard of quality, as judged by an external organisation eg Food for Life Partnership." Action from the Checklist for Headteachers, School Food Plan 2013
The School Food Plan is here and it's time for us all to support schools get more children eating tastier and healthier school meals. This training day will help you understand the Food for Life Catering Mark, and how it can help to meet the actions set out in the School Food Plan.
Register here for this training day. Delegate fee is £90 limited to 30 places so early booking is advised.
All delegates will leave with:
- a clear understanding of how to get the contract right to meet the actions of the School Food Plan
- ways to ensure you have an effective written plan for increasing take-up
- a clear understanding of the Food for Life Catering Mark standards
- information on how the Catering Mark, the Food for Life Partnership and School Food Matters work together to deliver the School Food Plan
- a certificate of attendance
- relevant materials and literature to take with you
A Food for Life Gold standard lunch will be provided.