New Catering Mark Handbook now launched!
The new Handbook replaces the Catering Mark Standards Manual and is designed to be clearer and more accessible for caterers.
There are now six sector-specific versions of the Handbook, tailored to make them more relevant to your business. The new Handbook contains all of the Catering Mark Standards, as well as:
- New guidance to help you meet the standards
- A helpful new ‘how it works’ section containing all you need to know about certification, inspection, logo use and other useful information
- A preview of the new Catering Mark brand
Read your new sector-specific Handbook
You can use your Handbook as an online resource, or you can download and print your own. Have a look at your Handbook below:
We have made some changes to the standards numbers - download a summary of these changes below:
How do the Standards work?
The Bronze, Silver and Gold Standards are set by an independent Standards Committee, which is made up of industry experts from a wide range of sectors.
- The Bronze Catering Mark has fixed Standards. These focus on removing harmful additives and trans fats from the menu, and ensuring that the majority of food on the menu is prepared freshly.
- The Silver and Gold Standards are assessed on a points system, rewarding spend on ethical, environmentally friendly and local ingredients.
Catering Mark Supplier Declaration Forms