"Our income across the business has increased by 13% over the past 3 years - we attribute much of our success to the Catering Mark"
Gerry Clinton, Havering Catering Service (Gold)
Achieving the Catering Mark can have significant positive impacts on consumer health, the environment and your business.
Business benefits: cost savings, sell more meals, enhanced consumer perception, CSR targets
- The Catering Mark is helping caterers to win new contracts
Caterers have found that sourcing locally and cooking from scratch has been cost neutral or cost beneficial. (Read our case studies)
Meeting demands for traceability, integrity and good provenance
- The Catering Mark will put you in the best position to meet demand for high quality and traceable food
- Catering Mark holders are independently audited on an annual basis by the Soil Association: a real authentication and evidence base for the claims you can make about your food
- The Catering Mark logo has become a trusted industry symbol, a fast-track to integrity, reassurance, traceability, provenance
- Rewarding best practice - recognition for your great work
- Increasing recognition and endorsement at policy and Government level - cited by Department of Education, Defra's Plan for Public Procurement and NHS England as a best practice standard for improving food in schools and hospitals.