Universities & colleges
Students are increasingly concerned about where their food comes from. Universities and colleges are in a unique position to provide environmentally friendly food to a receptive audience and reinforce a longer-term change in buying and eating habits.
Thousands of meals are served to Catering Mark Standards in over 28 universities every day, providing reassurance to students and staff that the food they are eating meets high standards of traceability, provenance and freshness.
The People and Planet Green League's sustainable food criteria now recognises universities who have achieved the Catering Mark.
Achieving the Catering Mark will put you in the best position to meet the growing demand for fresh, traceable and trustworthy food.
"I would wholeheartedly recommend the Catering Mark. It helped us remove a number of banned substances from our menus which can be 'hidden' if you don’t ask the right questions of suppliers and caterers.” Dave Morton, Catering Manager, Winchester University
Watch an online seminar from Ivan Hopkins (Nottingham Trent University) explaining how he and his team achieved Silver.
- Aberystwyth University - 3 restaurants
- ARAMARK for Askham Bryan College
- BaxterStorey for Gloucestershire University - 3 restaurants
- Cardiff University - 3 restaurants
- Canterbury Christ Church University
- Encore Hospitality Services for Glasgow Caledonian University - for 2 outlets
- Food @ Edge Hill University
- Lancaster University - 7 outlets
- Newcastle University - 10 sites (Eat@Bistro, Eat@Bites, Eat@Campus Coffee, Eat@NUSU, Eat@Robinson Library, Eat@The Business School, Eat@The Buttery, Eat@The Forum, Eat@The Pavillion, Eat@The Courtyard)
- Plymouth University - 2 cafés
- Queen Mary University of London - 2 restaurants
- Southampton Solent University (Sodexo) - 4 outlets
- Swansea University - 2 dining halls
- University of Brighton
- University of Derby - for one Bistro, Buxton Campus
- University of Edinburgh - John McIntyre Conference Centre, Pollock Halls and 12 cafes
- University of Greenwich - six cafés
- University of Hull - 1 restaurant
- University of Manchester - 8 restaurants
- University of Nottingham -12 dining halls
- University of South Wales
- University of Staffordshire - 2 cafés
- University of Surrey - 2 cafés
- University of Winchester - conference and hospitality menus
- York College - 1 café