Why choose us?
Two different standards options
We offer both the Soil Association private health and beauty standard and the COSMetic Organic Standard (COSMOS) certification.
Where we operate
We can certify both in the UK and internationally.
Experience and recognition
As a part of our recently launched strategy – “The Road to 2020” - the Soil Association is committed to finding new and innovative ways to support organic agriculture. We believe that organic is the best possible method of production, and is well-placed to meet the needs of people for healthy food, fibre and personal care products, whilst protecting the needs of the planet.
Our own health & beauty standards were launched in 2002. These were developed to address the absence of legislation and formal controls in the production of organic personal care products. In response to this lack of international regulatory control, the founding members of what would become COSMOS came together to discuss the need for an international standard which would bring integrity to cosmetics and beauty products across the industry, and boost consumer confidence in the products they were buying.
As an organisation with over 65 years of experience in researching, promoting and shaping the landscape of organic agriculture, policy and principles, COSMOS is a natural way in which the Soil Association can continue to help bring these principles into practice.
Certifying with us means that you benefit from high brand recognition – we certify over 80% of the UK’s organic food so our symbol is recognised and trusted by consumers.
We are not only a certification body, but a business partner and we will:
- Offer ongoing business, trade, marketing and PR support to help grow your business
- Provide supply chain and sourcing support
- Provide technical support
- Raise awareness of organic and natural benefits through campaigning work with the Soil Association charity
- Help to increase consumer awareness for organic products through high profile events such as Organic Beauty Week
- Share your stories, events and promotions with our members and followers through social media
- Provide free membership to the Soil Association charity