Why choose us?
Consumers are better informed than ever about the social and environmental impacts of making textiles products, and they are demanding more from brands.
Organic is taking the lead in addressing consumer concerns by offering verified supply chains, as well as kinder and cleaner textiles. When consumers buy certified products they have the reassurance their money is going back down the supply chain and making a difference to farmers.
Established in the 1970s, we are the UK’s largest organic certification body. We have long standing expertise and market knowledge in organic textiles:
- We played a leading role in the development of the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) which we now certify to.
- We are the UK’s leading certifier of organic products to GOTS.
- Turnover of our 73 textile licensees increased by 36% in 2013.
- Much of this growth was export-led, but the UK market for organic cotton is estimated to have grown by around 10%.
What we can offer
We can offer you a number of benefits through being licensed with us:
- An unrivalled level of service, technical knowledge and guidance through and beyond the certification process.
- High brand recognition - we certify over 80% of the UK’s organic food so our logo is recognised and trusted by consumers.
- Certification in the UK and internationally – we are collaborating with Flo Cert in India and other parts of Asia, and with Australian Certified Organic (ACO) in Australia and Japan.
- Help in sourcing certified fibres, fabrics or finished products from 3,000 businesses in 55 countries already certified to GOTS.
- Access to over 6,000 chemical inputs already approved for use in organic textile production.
- A contribution to the organic movement - as we are a not-for-profit business, any surplus income is reinvested in the Soil Association charity. The charity works to make to make organic textiles kinder, greener and cleaner through standards setting and campaigning work.