Woodmark is the Soil Association’s certification scheme for Forest Management and Chain of Custody for forest products. Woodmark was one of the first Forest Stewardship Council® accredited certification bodies and has a long track record of carrying out certification assessments of forest enterprises and the timber processing industry as well as training and capacity building in certification. FSC® accredited since 1996, we have issued forest management and chain of custody certificates in many countries around the world.
We work in extremely diverse contexts, certifying for example:
- Large state forests in Eastern Europe
- Plantations in Southern Africa
- Community forests in Indonesia
- Very small-scale farmers in Kenya
- Cork stopper manufacturers in Portugal
- Large DIY chains in the UK
- The print and paper industry worldwide
- Construction projects, big and small
Soil Association Woodmark has certified over 10 million hectares of forest.
Since 2009 we have been able to offer Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) Chain of Custody certification. This can be assessed independently or in combination with FSC certification.
We are appointed Timber Trade Federation (TTF) Responsible Purchasing Policy (RPP) auditors and are associate TTF members.